Legal Question in Family Law in India

for 498 a case my wife has given written statment to court in front of juge to widrwal of a csae.Can passport office give give PCC for travel abroad?

Asked on 6/02/13, 6:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Client,

If a criminal case is pending against you in any court, you can be issued a passport subject to the condition that you enclose a written permission granted by the court allowing you to travel abroad. Normally a short validity passport valid for one year is issued, subject to conditions if any, mentioned in the Court order as per GSR 570 (E) dated 25 August, 1993.

In the instant case, you will need to attach a copy of the court reg withdrawal of the case.

Best Wishes,

Mukesh Ralhan, Advoate

E-mail: [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 6/02/13, 7:42 pm
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

498a FIR cannot be withdrawn or compounded as it is an non compoundable offence. you need to approach the high court for quashing of the FIR. regarding travel abroad, you can move an application before the court concerned and pursue it effectively.

Read more
Answered on 6/02/13, 10:25 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now