Legal Question in Family Law in India

dear sir/ madam,

i am reading a lot about 498 a / dva cases....they say v hav to prove that the boy / boys parents have harassed us ...this is very difficult because my in laws kept saying it when i was staying with them ( i do not have any proof) obviously. the proof i hav is..letters/emails written to my husband by his parents saying - dont spend money too much, leave her at her parents house, telling to put a condition that i should stay with them?( in laws) , issue divorce notice etc ...( though he didnt issue divorce) what case can i put againt them ...i hav faced dowry harassement ut i dont hav proof....i dont want to loose any case ..

i also hav a letter/ e-mail written by his uncle saying be careful if u initiate the divorce u will have to pay big money. so wait for her to initiate

what case can i file with the above proof

Asked on 7/11/13, 11:46 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The emails, letters and oral communications with approximate date and time are sufficient to make a complaint of "cruelty" u/s 498-A as well as "domestic violence" under the D.V.A.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 12:30 am
Lovkesh Gupta court marriage and divorce lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

u have sufficient proves u may give complaint to police & u may may file case for maintenance before court

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 6:07 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client these things r good proofs to show their greedy nature before the court. for more help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 6:09 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now