Legal Question in Family Law in India

i am an divorced christian lady and have an legally adopted son, i have many liabilities on my head because of my son which has to be paid, now i want to sell my house to repay the liability, but my son is not allowing me to sell the house he is not giving NOC to 2nd party, need your help whether NOC of my son is compulsory as per law

Asked on 10/17/13, 10:18 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Once you adopt a son legally, he becomes the legal heir of your property. If the house is self acquired by you or have come upon you through Will or gift or like that, you can sell the property without his consent. R your so a major or a minor?

Read more
Answered on 10/17/13, 10:41 pm
KarVai +91 9811284735 KarVai Legal Solutions(
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Who is the registered owner of the property and your son is a major or minor.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/13, 12:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now