Legal Question in Family Law in India

Girl age is marriage time is 14 years and boy age is 23 .If a boy did the marriage with under age girl and girl not come to her in-laws house and girls stay only two days after marriage with boy. Can boy is eligible for divorce . Boy wants to live the her but girls and her parents are not agree.

Asked on 5/15/13, 1:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Client,

There is no Supreme Court ruling yet on this issue but there are a number of High Court rulings. There is divergence of opinion by HCs on the issue. Depends in which state both the boy and girl live. GOI, however, has submitted before the SC that such marriages should be declared null and void.



Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 2:16 am
Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If the girl's family make a complaint, the boy may go to jail.

Read more
Answered on 5/15/13, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now