Legal Question in Family Law in India

If my husband proves that we did not have a physical relationship will i be able to claim alimony?

Asked on 10/24/13, 4:13 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Whether your husband has filed for divorce or annulment? If he proves you can't claim alimony since without consummation of marriage, you can't get the status of wife. To know in detail be in touch.


Read more
10/24/13, 4:17 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Further to Mr. Goswami's opinion if you prove that the marriage has been consummated then even he will get divorce on the ground on cruelty. You may drop in a detailed query at

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
10/24/13, 5:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now