Legal Question in Family Law in India

im an indian citizen by birth living in india.. my fiance is bangladeshi citizen born in kuwait n living there by birth. he wants to acquire indian citizenship by marrying me in india is that possible when his parents were not of indian origin.. acquiring citizenship through me is possible? but i see exceptions for a bangladeshi in the indian citizenship act?? also is he eligible for pio card?

Asked on 9/01/13, 2:05 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Bro,

I can arrange everything so that you may get Marriage Certificate within two or three days in Chandigarh.

About citizenship you have to approach any immigration firm.


Read more
9/01/13, 2:16 am
Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You may apply for citizenship through District Magistrate of your area.

Read more
9/01/13, 5:38 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You need to get the formalities done through ministry of home affairs, foreigners division and FRRO for her extended visa thereafter apply for the rest.

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
9/02/13, 2:02 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

8661 active attorneys ready to answer your legal qustions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Terry A. NelsonNelson & LawlessHuntington Beach, CA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now