Legal Question in Family Law in India

i have got khula from my husband through a kaazi, as per your advice court declaration is not manadatory.i want to ask you about the custody rights for my son.My son is 21 months old n staying with me.Can my ex-husband claim custody rights?After the birth of my son in jan 2012,he stopped visiting us. i got married in may2011 n jan2012 my son was born.i havnt received any maintenance from him n never stayed with him after marriage as he never took me with him. right from may2011 im staying at my parents place. Recently i got my khula done.

Asked on 10/19/13, 2:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Santosh Goswami,Advocate sure shot legal
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Custody of such child is given to the mother in general cases. So, don't worry. Now, upon divorce why did not you ask for maintenance and your mehr amount for which you are entitled.


Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 5:36 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client custody of child up to five years of the age remain with mother. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 10/19/13, 10:53 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now