Legal Question in Family Law in India

hi leagal experts,

i wanted to know what is the eligibility procedure for annulment of hindu marriage. My friend was loving a girl but in his home they were not ready to accept . but he was not ready to leave his girl and hoped to convince his parents after two years since he is just 24 years old and has a sister to be married. in girls home they agreed to wait for the time but wanted to secretly get court marriage as a confirmation. My friend agreed and they both signed secretly in dec2012. now the girls family wants her to get married in front of everyone by the end of one year otherwise to have the secret marriage annulled. They have got the info that its possible for annulment if guy and girl havent stayed with each other after the marriage and also that its not a valid hindu marriage since its not solemned in front of anyone. Is it true what they are claiming? is it possible to get the annulment and return back to Single status as if no marriage happened? please answer..my friend is totally upset on all this and both of them have decided to let go for everyones good. i will be grateful if anyone let us know the procedure and details of it.

shiv shakner saini saini law

call on 09587744142 at 11.00 am -1.00pm

dear client...

Contact me at uttamtibrewal@yahoo.com

Better to approach high court and file case immediately.

or contact me at 9814110005.

Regards

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

If the marriage is not consummated then annulment is possible.

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India