Legal Question in Family Law in India

please let me know the right on a man's self-acquired property by his wife and daughters respectively when the man is still alive. Please also let me know if the man's siblings also have share in his self-acquired property. I read in some of the articles that if he gifts his property while he's alive none of us can challenge that. Please advice as his siblings are trying to encroach the property and have brainwashed him ... Please advise.

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]

1. No sibling has any right over self acquired property of person in India.

2. The wife and minor children may claim a "charge" over the property for the purpose of their maintenance.

3. In a case of domestic violence, the wife may claim a share in the self acquired property of her husband.

dear client if property is self earned then no one can claim share in it. it depends on thw wish of that person to whom property may gift. for any legal help call me on 9422611385

ADV PRASAD PATIL

if the property is self aquired by wife and daughter then how the husband can gift or sold the same to anyone else. you can challange the same in court.

Good Luck

adv.kamal.grover@gmail.com

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India