Legal Question in Family Law in India

I am a married man. I had an affair with an unmarried woman in 2008. She got married in 2009. Our pictures were caught by her husband 4 months after marriage. He filed for divorce on the basis of adultery and cruelty in Sept. 2011 (approx. 15 months after pictures were caught) against his wife in family court. I am a respondent in case. He has not filed any criminal case against me for adultery till date. Now my lawyer says that he can no longer file any criminal case of adultery against me as it is now TIME BARRED. Is it true ? I still regularly talk with that woman (she is now living with her parent) on phone, does this go against me? Can call records be used by him in Future.

Asked on 10/06/13, 5:21 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client he can file adultery against u on that basis


Read more
Answered on 10/06/13, 5:23 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Time is not a factor in your case, a case for adultery could be filed. Dont worry it is a bailable offence, you will not get arrested and get bail in the Police station. To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/06/13, 11:25 pm
Lovkesh Gupta court marriage and divorce lawyer
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

for details u can contact 9463557231

Read more
Answered on 10/07/13, 5:13 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now