Legal Question in Family Law in India

am a resident of mumbai and my husband is a resident of goa. we hv been married for 4yrs. our marriage was registered in goa. And we resided in goa aftr marr. I m in mumbai from the past one year with my parents and want to file a divorce. Can I do it in mumbai? i hv 2 kids. i want to file a case from mumbai and sent a notice to my husband as he may or may not agree for a consent. pls guide

Asked on 10/26/13, 2:15 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client u have to file divorce case in those place first where u got married or where u lastly reside as husband and wife together. for proper discussion call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 10/26/13, 2:18 am
Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If you are a Hindu and married as per Hindu rites and rituals , as per Section 19 [iii(a)] of the Hindu Marriage Act you may file a petition of divorce in Mumbai itself.You may drop in a detailed query at [email protected]

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Read more
Answered on 10/26/13, 5:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now