Legal Question in Family Law in India

in seperation cases in hindu marraiges who is authorised to keep custody of children's ? childrens are above 5 it compulsory that only mother should keep in her custody ? so far petition is not filed by any of us, but my wife kept children's in her custody without any Judicial order.

Asked on 7/10/13, 6:29 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Since the children are already in her custody, you may file a case in the Guardianship Court either claiming custody or visitation rights.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 8:20 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client natural custody of children always remain with mother until father claim for it. if u want custody then u have to file custody petition. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 8:38 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now