Legal Question in Family Law in India

sir i was got married on Feb 2011 .i was driven by in laws on April 2012 .i filed dvc in January 2012 .i got interim maintenance & my belongings & asking for dowry back i don"t want to give divorce .i have two questions . there time limit for executing 498 a on my in laws becoz till now i dint opted for it ? i have taken back my belongings they are asking for divorce ? please suggest me .

Asked on 7/10/13, 7:12 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Please do not repeat your question. I answered this question yesterday.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 7:15 pm
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client u can file 498-a against yr in laws right now also. if they r asking divorce and u donot want then u can deny the divorce. if husband file divorce petition in court u can oppose the case. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 7:17 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now