Legal Question in Family Law in India

I have a son of whom i have not registered surname at the time of birth in hospital, birth certificate from corporation and while taking admission to school.

Now i want to add the surname. Kindly guide me the procedure which school authority should accept.

Thanking you,


Asked on 5/29/13, 8:59 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mukesh Ralhan RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Sir,

No change in name is allowed till the child leaves the school unless you have a court decree to change the name. You will need to approach a district civil court for issue of court decree after filing the declaratory suit directing the school authorities to change the name. Please contact a good lawyer in your area specializing in these issues and he/she can guide you step by step. In case of any problem, you are welcome to contact me on [email protected] or via LawGuru.




Read more
Answered on 5/29/13, 5:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now