India  |  Family Law

I have a son of whom i have not registered surname at the time of birth in hospital, birth certificate from corporation and while taking admission to school.

Now i want to add the surname. Kindly guide me the procedure which school authority should accept.

Thanking you,

SHIRISH M.

Answered on: 5/29/13, 5:47 pm by Mukesh Ralhan

Dear Sir,

No change in name is allowed till the child leaves the school unless you have a court decree to change the name. You will need to approach a district civil court for issue of court decree after filing the declaratory suit directing the school authorities to change the name. Please contact a good lawyer in your area specializing in these issues and he/she can guide you step by step. In case of any problem, you are welcome to contact me on ralhans.dbc@gmail.com or via LawGuru.

Regards,

MUKESH RALHAN, ADVOCATE,

RALHANS - IMMIGRATION & OVERSEAS AFFAIRS LAW GROUP

www.ralhans.com

RALHANS - Immigration & Overseas Affairs Law Group Dilshad Garden, Delhi-110095 Delhi, 110095