India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/27/13, 8:51 am

Hi there,

I am in love with a girl and we both want to get married. (Both are adults as per Indian Law, girl is above 18 and myself above 21), but the girls parents are not agreeing for this marriage, and harassing the girl and forcing her to get married somewhere else.

In such scenario, can I file a case against her father for child harassment and legally marry the girl? Can the father of the girl also take some action against me if I do so ?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search