India  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/28/13, 9:26 am

Hi! I am an unmarried Muslim man and my girlfriend is a a Hindu Brahmin who is a divorcee. She has a 9 year old son. She got divorce on the basis of domestic violence. Her ex-husband used to beat her and her son cruelly. He has got the visiting rights from July 2013. It is 1 hour, once in a month at lawyer's office. She wish to convert to Muslim so that she can marry me. My question is, will her ex-husband husband create a problem stating that how his son can convert to Muslim? If he file a case, will it be accepted by court in his favor? Should we need to inform her ex earlier about my girlfriend and her son converting to Muslim or it is not necessary? What should we do which will help us to marry without any problem from her ex? Waiting for a reply. Thanks in advance.

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search