Legal Question in Family Law in India

My wife is govt.Servant,i am pivate, due to 498a , my job at risk,

it may end any day.I have a child custody case , where she stated

that she is a govt servant and i am unemployed

My question is

1)If i loose job, can i ask for maintanance?

2)In indian does man get maintainance ?

3)is is mandetory that she have to give maintainance or

depend upon circumtances?

Asked on 8/14/13, 5:20 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Sudershan Goel Sudershan Goel - Advocate, International Visiting Scholar, USA [2008-10]
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The court may, in very rare cases, allow some maintenance to husband against his wife. However, since you are already in a job, though private, you have potential to make an earning. However, you may not be burdened with the responsibility to provide her maintenance.

Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 5:40 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

dear client court will allow maintenance to husband if he is on bed or handicapped. for any legal help call me on 9422611385


Read more
Answered on 8/14/13, 6:16 am
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Better to save your job. in such circumstances court may not grant you maintenance.

good luck.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/13, 11:52 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88693 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now