India  |  Civil Litigation

My father expired on 21/01/1999,he had a ppf account where I and my elder sister are nominees,now after the death of my father my sister became unhappy about my father leaving his house to me and I had no contact with her for the last 14 yrs.Is there any way to claim the amount left in the account?

Answered on: 9/08/13, 8:32 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

08.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

YES. You will need to file your father's Death Certificate along with the written application to the bank to handover the proceeds of the PPF to you and your sister as nominees thereto.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Answered on: 9/09/13, 5:33 am by Jayesh Desai

You need to find out whether you are joint nominee or on either or survivor basis.

If you are on either or survivor basis - you alone could en-cash the same, however; all the legal heirs to your father would be entitled to a share in it.

In the alternative you need to obtain a Letter of Administration (if your father has not left a Will or a Probate (if Will is in existence, or a Succession Certificate.

Jayesh Desai 609 Dalamal Towers Free Press Journal Marg Nariman point Mumbai, 400021

Answered on: 9/09/13, 8:43 am by KarVai Legal Solutions

a petition for succession can be filed.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi www.karvai.in Email: karvailegal@yahoo.com Delhi District Courts, High Courts, Supreme Court Delhi, 110001