Legal Question in Insurance Law in India

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am Charan Damwani from Mumbai.

I need some Legal advise about my accident case and i saw you website which pleased me and i hope i will get my solution here.

I met with an bike accident on 24th March 2012 because of negligence of truck driver as he came into wrong direction of road partition and collided with me leading into major injuries on my right leg which also resulted in permanent foot drop and I am still on bed for the recovery after 6 to 7 operations.

I want to know about law of claiming for expense from truck owner.

It cost me around 6 to 7 lack for the hospital treatment and medical expense out of which some percent was been paid by my personal mediclaim policy.

I would like to know what does law says, can i claim for the entire expense including those paid by my mediclaim policy? or what is our law.

I will also appreciate if you can help me with name(number) of all the laws that can help me in this case.

Hope i make sense and waiting for your response.

Regards,

Charan Damwani

Hi Charan

Hope the police has registered a case against the truck driver and you have the details of it. If yes, you can approach the motor accident claim tribunal having jurisdiction where the accident taken place. It is difficult to make a claim without the details of the truck.

More Insurance Law questions and answers in India

Insurance Law Legal Forms