India  |  Insurance Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/29/13, 3:05 am

Hi Sir/Madam,

I am Charan Damwani from Mumbai.

I need some Legal advise about my accident case and i saw you website which pleased me and i hope i will get my solution here.

I met with an bike accident on 24th March 2012 because of negligence of truck driver as he came into wrong direction of road partition and collided with me leading into major injuries on my right leg which also resulted in permanent foot drop and I am still on bed for the recovery after 6 to 7 operations.

I want to know about law of claiming for expense from truck owner.

It cost me around 6 to 7 lack for the hospital treatment and medical expense out of which some percent was been paid by my personal mediclaim policy.

I would like to know what does law says, can i claim for the entire expense including those paid by my mediclaim policy? or what is our law.

I will also appreciate if you can help me with name(number) of all the laws that can help me in this case.

Hope i make sense and waiting for your response.


Charan Damwani

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search