India  |  Intellectual Property

Hi...i. m currently working as asst. Editor of a magazine. I receive salary for my work. I hav also complied 3 books till date for this company. I want to whether i can demand some royalty for these books?

Answered on: 9/01/13, 9:40 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

01.09.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

You need to diplomatically convince your Company that as the author of the books, you should be paid royalty for the publication of those books which though your creations, are patented in the name of the Company. If the books are hot sellers in the market, I see no reason why your Company should hesitate from paying you royalty, as it would motivate you into writing more books and would be a befitting recognition of your contribution to the Company.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Answered on: 9/02/13, 12:38 am by shiv shakner saini

you are not Author of books, for editing you are paid and compile is part of that. So you can't claim for royalty.

saini law Behind Dainik Bhasker,Old-Ginnani, Bikaner.09587744142,colorfullifes@yahoo.co.in Rajasthan High Court, 334001