Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

if i have not been given any right on property by my father, being a son, can i try to object the decision anyway in both cases where will is already prepapred and not prepared

Asked on 5/22/13, 1:48 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir,

Where a Will has been prepared, you can challenge the Will when it comes up for issue of Probate in the Court. If there are no documents till date, you ought to convince your father that you being his son deserve a share in his property.


Read more
5/22/13, 3:30 am
Rohini Kumar Tenneti R.K.1080 LEGAL SERVICES
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

You cannot, in anyway hinder your father's decision in either ways ,if it's his own earned property and you have right in both the ways if it's ancestral property.

Read more
5/22/13, 3:50 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If your father is alive, as of now; then at the moment you cannot do anything. If the property is self acquired then whether Will is there or not you cannot do anything. Only if the property in your fathers' hands is ancestral then only you can have right.

Read more
5/25/13, 1:57 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88273 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Intellectual Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony RoachLaw Office of Anthony A. RoachChatsworth, CA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Michael E. HendricksonAttorney & Counsellor at LawAlexandria,
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now