Legal Question in Intellectual Property in India

Many thanks,

I would like to ask can GPA holder sell the property. But property land paper are with me.

Can GPA holder sell property without original document.



Asked on 6/13/13, 3:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Asfad,

A property should never ever be purchased or sold on the basis of a General Power of Attorney (GPA) because it invariably leads to disputes on the "title". If you have given a GPA which also permits the holder to sell the property, he can sell the property if the buyer foolishly does not insist on all the original property documents.


Read more
Answered on 6/13/13, 4:00 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Intellectual Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Intellectual Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now