India  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/25/13, 10:56 pm

Dear Sir.

We are the staff employees of a PSU. We had a facility of traveling Andaman through LTC by any airlines of economy class. Some of us availed that facility through different agencies. Accordingly our organization reimbursed those expenses of LTC as per our entitlement. Recently our recognized union made a facility part agreement with the Management where our facility of LTC by air travel was withdrawn by retrospective effect. So we need to pay back that huge expenses of air travel and the cost is so high that our forthcoming monthly salary will be nil for few months as our management is planning to recover it by making our monthly salary nil.

Our question is whether our Management can recover those expenses by making our forthcoming monthly salary nil or we can force our management to recover those expenses by paying us any minimum amount monthly salary?


Ramen Santra

2 Answers

Answered on: 10/26/13, 3:04 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Ramen,

All affected employees should submit a representation to the Management to recover the amount in 24 equal installments from all the concerned employees salary.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Answered on: 10/26/13, 5:35 am by Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896

Challenge the withdrawal order in the High Court by way of a writ petition against the PSU . All the affected by may file jointly. You may drop in a detailed query at

To know us better, please click on the links below:


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer. Chandhok & Company Email: 6/59 W.E.A Karol Bagh, N.Delhi, 110005

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search