Legal Question in Employment Law in India

Respected

I had got call from one a consultant for job in Tanzania. they had arrange for the interview online on Sunday, i gave interview from my home using my laptop. They said they will be informing me about the same whether i am selected or not. After 4 - 5 days i got call from the consultant that i am selected. Before giving interview i clearly stated that i don't have Passport. Later they asked me to apply for Passport. In the mean while they had send me the Offer letter by mail and asked me to sign the same. I have Signed the Offer Letter. But due to some personal issue now i am not in a position to relocate. so i mailed them that it is not possible form me to join the company. I got the call from consultant and they said they will be filling case against me or else i pay them Rs.25000/-.

Pls advise me in the same.

Rajiv Chandhok Ph: +919810050896 http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rajiv-chandhok/33/7b7/82

sit and just relax. dont get scared of such threats. nothing will happen. You may also drop a detailed query at chandhokrajiv@gmail.com

To know us better, please click on the links below:

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/rajiv-chandhok/33/7b7/82

http://www.lawguru.com/answers/atty_profile/view_attorney_profile/username#more_info

JSR/171013

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

17.10.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

Whether you wish to take up the job in Tanzania or not, is purely upto you. There is no hard and fast rule, that since you gave the interview and got selected, you compulsorily have to join the Company.

Moreover, I wish to inform you that many Companies in Africa, do not pay you your overseas dollar salary from the end of the first month. They only pay you the agreed local salary in the beginning. They accumulate your overseas salary and pay it to you after completing three month's service in the Company. You should check this fact with the Company.

Besides, the law and order situation in most African countries is also very poor, and there are plenty of instances of Indian expatriates being attacked, getting mugged and robbed while moving on the streets alone by Africans. People who do not have any alternatives or choices, take up a job in Africa as the last resort.

Regards,

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in India

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms