Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

My dad has taken a place for rent from land owner in 2002 to run a garden restaurant! the neighbouring plot owner later on made dad sign on an agreement claiming that a little portion of the land the one dad got for lease is his and has to pay rent for the land after 2004 if still dad posses the land!! In 2005 the land was bought by another party n we r paying rent to his regularly frm that time. Dad passes away in 2007. Now the neighbour owner put a case on me that i am evading rent that my dad signed to pay him and when i took this to my land owner he says this land is entirely his and no need to pay to neone else. i am in a fix now!!

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

02.07.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

When the adjacent plot owner made your father sign an agreement on part of the plot taken by him on lease, the land owner ought to have made a clear cut demarcation of his / her land in view of the lease being done in the name of two persons. You have been regularly paying the lease charges on your demarcated portion of the land from 2005 till 2007 to the land owner. The decision of the land owner on the demise of your father about the present status of the land will prevail.

Regards,

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms