India  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Enter your question here... hello sir .

we are residn in a 2bhk house for a lease period of 2years nd the sum amount is 750000. as my dad is expired the source of income v get is from tutions . and the landlord creates new problems everyday . asking my mom to clean the entire ground floor . or else pay the maid 1000rs for cleaning it . and they shout at us indecently and they reside in 1st floor they just peep from 1st floor to groundfloor . please tell me some solutions . and the legal actions that can be taken . thanq

Answered on: 7/29/13, 6:59 pm by Fca Prashant Chavan

30.07.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

You are paying a monthly lease charge of Rs. 31,250/- (Rupees Thirty One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Only) for a 2 BHK flat to the house owner. With the demise of your father, you have to earn monies to pay the monthly lease as well as for the subsistence of your family. With the high standard of living due to the Sonia-Manmohan Congress Government at the Centre, your monthly income has to be minimum Rs. 50,000/- (Rupees Fifty Thousand Only). By asking you to clean the ground floor, the house owner may be referring to the cleanliness and upkeep of the entire flat, because students will constantly be coming and going to / fro your flat. It is obvious that if the house owner's maid is made to clean the entire compound, she is going to charge for doing it, which, ideally speaking has to be borne by the house owner and you on 50% - 50% sharing basis. If you pursue legal action, the house owner may ask you to immediately vacate the flat, and you and your family will be left in a quandary. A reconciliation and smooth process with the house owner is recommended.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52