India  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/23/13, 1:50 am

My father bought a room in a chawl in Thane near Mumbai in 1985. Since 4 years we are not staying there and the electric connection has been disconnected due to non payment of bills. Now the landlord has stopped collecting rent from us and doesn't accept it even when we visit his house. Recently he came with men from court who spoke to our neighbors and took their signature saying we don't stay there. Please tell how we can protect our home?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search