India  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 4/19/13, 9:29 pm


my father bought a house on pagdi system in 1965.After his death in 1996 I along with my mother are residing there until now.In the past the landlord has refused to transfer the rent receipt in my moms name and also stopped taking the rent. I have sent him the rent by cheque which he has not encashed. Now he has sold the property to a buildr who is [planning to redevelop the property.

what are my rights in this case? Also, can my married sister claim a share of the property?

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search