Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

Sir I m running a shop in sec 45 chd on rent there is a property dispute in two brothers and case is pending in court from last 5 year and court is order us to deposit rent in court but now there is a setelment in both brother am my shop is gone to that brother that file case against me and I lisen from another person that he want to take shop from me and make showroom there I m there from last 15 year please guide me

Asked on 8/02/13, 9:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

The landlord-tenant arrangement for bungalows / houses / flats / shops has ceased to exist since 1985, and has been replaced by the Licensor-Licensee arrangement for a tenure ranging from 11 months to a maximum period of 3 years. So, if you are interested and keen to run your business in Sector 45, Chandigarh, you should negotiate the annual lease charges with the present owner to be in line with the prevailing market prices of shops in the locality. As a benchmark, the per month lease charges is more or less equal to the per sq.ft. market rate of property in the locality.


Read more
Answered on 8/03/13, 2:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now