India  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/29/13, 3:47 am

sir I have purchased a evacuee property by public auction in court of competent officer in 1954 so I want to know that this property now will be called free hold in Uttar Pradesh because I have certificate of sale by competent officer and copy of this certificate was also sent to the sub registrar

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/29/13, 6:37 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Sir / Madam,

Merely having a certificate of sale by the competent officer and sending a copy to the sub registrar does not imply that the land is freehold. The certificate / documents in your custody and possession should specifically mention and state clearly that the land is freehold.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search