Legal Question in Legal Ethics in India

few months back I had given a loan of to one of my junior colleague since the company we were working was in financial trouble and had not paid salaries, as on today I have quit the company and my junior colleague has also quit the company and taken up some other job.

Now that my ex-colleague has a steady income, I have asked him to repay the loan amount, against which he has sent me a invoice which is claims is due from the company we both worked together and is also blackmailing me saying that he has recorded some conversations between and will put them on the web.

Since he has send me mail asking for money against some invoices and in the same mail he has mentioned about some recorded conversations, Can put a charge of backmailing against my ex-colleague.

Asked on 6/16/13, 4:13 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should simply lodge a Police complaint against your ex-Company colleague for recovery of your loan given, and let the Police intervene and question your colleague about repayment.


Read more
Answered on 6/16/13, 5:25 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Ethics & Professional Responsibility questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now