India  |  Legal Ethics

few months back I had given a loan of to one of my junior colleague since the company we were working was in financial trouble and had not paid salaries, as on today I have quit the company and my junior colleague has also quit the company and taken up some other job.

Now that my ex-colleague has a steady income, I have asked him to repay the loan amount, against which he has sent me a invoice which is claims is due from the company we both worked together and is also blackmailing me saying that he has recorded some conversations between and will put them on the web.

Since he has send me mail asking for money against some invoices and in the same mail he has mentioned about some recorded conversations, Can put a charge of backmailing against my ex-colleague.

Answered on: 6/16/13, 5:25 am by Fca Prashant Chavan

16.06.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

You should simply lodge a Police complaint against your ex-Company colleague for recovery of your loan given, and let the Police intervene and question your colleague about repayment.

Regards,

Expert Edge LLP prashant.pscl07@gmail.com "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52