India  |  Personal Injury

I am raising this query for my friend. Unfortunately, some days back his shop's roof fell down. There were some people sleeping on road who got injured and a 5 year old child died too. Now my friend is being tortured from those homeless people and police to pay for their loss.

Firstly, if someone would have been sleeping in the shop, then it makes sense to take it as owner"s responsibility. How are they responsible for people sleeping on road?.

Secondly, it is choice of those people to sleep on road which is actually a government property. How can they harass shop owner for their loss?

Kindly suggest and guide.

Answered on: 7/29/13, 7:33 am by Muhammed Rafeeque

Hi, it should be a police case. No one can compel your friend to settle the issue directly. Your friend will have sufficient opportunity to defend his case once it reaches in court. If he is tortured he can approach higher authorities of police for protection

VLegal New Delhi, India New Delhi, 110075