Philippines  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 6/04/13, 10:27 am

About 15 years ago my mother-in-law transferred her property in the Philippines to her 6 children to avoid any inheritance tax. She now wants to sell the property, get half and split the half to her children since they have never paid the taxes nor the upkeep. She is old and would like to purchase a small house (will put under the children's name) here in L.A. so she could live in comfort instead of a 2 story apartment. Can she retract the inheritance since she has been paying for everything all along?

1 Answer

Answered on: 6/10/13, 6:44 am by VOLTAIRE T. DUANO

She has to file the annulment of title.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE 9th Floor Suit 9N Future Point Plaza 3 No. 111 Panay Avenue, South Triangle, Que Quezon City, 1103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search