I have bought flat in Gurgaon(Delhi NCR). Builder has offered the possission but
1. Flat is still not ready to move and work is still going on. Can builder offer possission without completion of work
2. Last demand letter was shocking, builder has added below charges which was not originally in cost.
- Increased EDC/IDC by Rs 50,
- Added ECC/ESS charges Rs. 150 per sq.ft.
- IBMS chagres Rs 1 Lac
- Maintenance Charges
Rs.50 per sq.ft.
- Huge amount as Interest on delay payment
Regarding interest he never mentioned the amount in earlier demand letters, it was shocking component that was shown only in last demand letter. Builder has also added interest where it was mutually agreed with him that payment will be done on this date along with post dated cheques. It is totally unethical and now builder is not listening anything and imposing these charges.
Are all these charges valid to pay specially interest on late payment.
3 Answers from Attorneys
You should send Legal Notice to the Builder and then file a Consumer Case against the Builder under Section 12 of the Consumer Protection Act.
For further Assistance you may contact me on 08750228171.
You may approach the consumer court.
Thanks & Regards
Dear Sir / Madam,
Please re-post query by providing expanded full forms of all abbreviations used - EDC / IDC, ECC / ESS and IBMS for advice and guidance in the matter.
Related Questions & Answers
I have a property and my cousin and illegally constructed a wall on it. Asked 9/09/13, 11:54 pm in India Real Estate and Real Property