Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Dear Sir,

I purchased and registered the site dimension 40x60ft in Bangalore in 1996. However, the neighbouring property owner has contested the dimension and he has encroached 8ft inside my site. Effectively, my site is now 32ftx60ft. We entered into a compromise arrangement to reduce my site to 32ftx60ft as against the original registered dimension of 40x60ft. The site owners for the adjacent area is different from my original sellers. Pl let me know what sort of document to be registered with Sub-Registrar and also is there any stamp duty for registration since my area is being reduced from the original registration.

Thanks in anticiaption


Asked on 7/01/13, 7:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Stamp duty depends on nature of instrument. Nature of instrument depends on contents thereof. If compromise is in respect of a court matter, have comprise terms converted to consent decree and register such decree.

Read more
Answered on 7/01/13, 11:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now