India  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/04/13, 11:48 pm

My father and My Uncle (My father's sister's Husband) bought a property around 20 years ago. Although, purchase was made collectively, property is registered under my Uncle's Name. Now, they seek to have my Father's name included in the legal documents as one of the co-owners. May i know the procedure for the same?

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/05/13, 5:15 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Sir / Madam,

The "property" may refer to land or flat in a Society.

If the addition of name is to be made in the land records, you will need to comply with the procedure specified by the Brihanmumbai Mahanagarpalika (MCGM), if the land is situated in Mumbai.

If the addition of name is on the Share Certificate issued by the Society, you will need to comply with the Society's byelaws and complete the process.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

133 Answers given in the last few hours.

8661 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search