Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

My father had willed his property to me and my younger brother. This is a undivided land. Now I need to sell my part of the land to raise money to buy a house for my daughter. But my brother does not allow me to build the wall to separate my portion of land to make it saleable. He says I can sell it only to me but at a heavily discounted price. Please advise what legal recourse I can have.

Asked on 6/15/13, 1:18 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

You should apply for a Probate from the Court praying that the land be demarcated and partitioned in the name of each beneficiary. If your brother insists that your legal right should be sold to him, tell your brother that he will have to pay you the prevailing market price for your share.


Read more
Answered on 6/15/13, 5:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now