India  |  Real Estate Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 10/24/13, 5:33 am


I Have purchased one Room in Chawl, while Purchasing the same the Builder has provided me 7/12 of property and Tax Receipt Electricity bill in my name. The property is Located in Dombivili and comes under Grampanchayat. So the Builder said that we can't do registration for same and we have to do only Notary for the said Property.

So pls advise in legal Terms is it valid and what step should i take to get my property secured. Pls Advise

1 Answer

Answered on: 10/24/13, 7:45 am by Fca Prashant Chavan


Dear Sir / Madam,

NO, only doing a notary is meaningless. You should get the Agreement for Sale of the property registered in your name in the record of the Gram Panchayat / Tehsildar / District Registrar, to avoid any problems of double ownership in future.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Expert Edge LLP "always A Step Ahead", Mumbai 52

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search