Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

Hi,

I bought a plot from one of the builder but in this property builder is working as developer and selling the plots for the vendor (Plot owner). After reading the sale deed I came to know that standard indeminify clause was missing in that so I requested to include this clause. They have added it but they phrase the clause in their language. I just wanted to re-confirm that the following clause “It is mutually agreed by both the parties that the Vendor has provided clear and marketable titles to the Schedule ‘B’ Property as of the date of this Sale deed Registration. The Vendor indemnifies the Purchaser on the legality of the Schedule “B”Property. In case any claims arises which is legally valid then the same would be set right by the Vendor.”language is fine or any modification need to be done so that it could be in favor of Purchaser (me).

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP

29.06.2013

Dear Sir / Madam,

The clause fully protects your interest and title to the plot of land that you have purchased. In case you wish to have additional safety, you should get the title of the plot duly registered in your name in the office of the District Tehsildar.

Regards,

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai

One needs to see the whole document to advise properly; however clause seems okay.

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India