Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India


My father has ancestral property which is in the name of my grandfather who is no more.currently we want to transfer the property title to my father. my father has two sisters who are willing for this transfer.they are ok with grandfather hasn't written any will. We are in tamilnadu, india. Also the property is located in tamilnadu. Now I am looking for the procedure to be done for the transfer of the property step by step.

Also would like to know how much will it cost for the transfer?

Thank you for your time and reply.

Asked on 5/07/13, 12:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Shrichand Nahar S.V.Nahar, Advocate
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Be guided by somebody in know of local laws of your area.

Procedures in such cases predominantly governed by the local laws.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 12:22 am
Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Stamp Duty is a local act, and land laws (viz. Land Revenue Code is also a local act).

Best contact a local lawyer, dealing in property law to help you.

Read more
Answered on 5/11/13, 5:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88683 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Craig EpifanioCraig Epifanio, P.A.St Petersburg, FL
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now