Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India


Me and my mother got a property in gift my by grandmother. we then sold that house and buy a new one with name of my mother only. One of my friend has now taken some undue advantage and my mother want to gift that house to my friend.

Can I stop that claim on that.



Asked on 6/24/13, 2:28 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear ABC,

Since the title of the new property vests in your mother alone, she along enjoys the inherent legal right to deal with the property in the manner she best deems fit to.


Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 3:18 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you may file a suit for injunction against your mother restraining her from transferring joint property in the name of your friend.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 10:44 pm
Yash Kumar Yash Kumar & Co.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Dear Sir,

You have to first of all show that the property was a Joint property as the same was purchased from proceeds of sale of Joint Property and only because of natural love and affection and for the sense of security you have allowed her to purchase the property in her name only.

Now the best course is to file a case of Injunction restraining her from selling or alienating from the possession of the property.

For further assistance you may contact on 08750228171.


Read more
Answered on 6/25/13, 9:28 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now