Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Philippines

The owner of a land sells to the first buyer with a deed of conditional sale, the first buyer sells the lot to me as the second buyer with deed of conditional sale also, my question is it is ok that we shortcut the process of transferring the title in my name to avoid bigger expenses by execution of DOAS of the original owner to my name, rather transferring from orig. owner to first buyer then first buyer to me, the second buyer? if this is possible what can you advise to ensure the smooth transfer of title without going to court if an act of fraud may intercede?

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE

Yes you can do that.

my question is it is ok that we shortcut the process of transferring the title in my name to avoid bigger expenses by execution of DOAS of the original owner to my name, rather transferring from orig. owner to first buyer then first buyer to me, the second buyer?

THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTION IS A SOUNDING YES.

Just involve the owner of the lot and the first buyer. The owner will execute the Deed of Absolute Sale directly to you and the first buyer will participate as a witness. If you are in doubt better engage a lawyer of your own choice to effect the documentation..

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Philippines