Philippines  |  Real Estate Law

My parents own a piece of land and decided to sell part of it to my aunt (who is already dead). So the land was divided into two. The 'division' was in such a way that one lot becomes L-shaped and the smaller one rectangular (the one sold to my aunt). Now, my uncle shows interest to eventually possess even part of the L-shaped sub-lot so that the original big lot will now be divided into two rectangles. But the thing is, he is not really capable. We found out that he built a sort of nipa hut on the part which he does not own and that two of the landmarks are gone. Worse is that my two brothers saw two landmarks in their kitchen. Another problem is that he holds the title to the original big lot. I suppose my mom agreed in the past that he take care of the processes to divide the lot. But until now, he does not return it yet. Is it proper if we have the 'hut' demolished? Should we report to the police his removing of the landmarks?

Answered on: 6/11/13, 9:43 pm by VOLTAIRE T. DUANO

Refer the matter to your barangay.

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE 9th Floor Suit 9N Future Point Plaza 3 No. 111 Panay Avenue, South Triangle, Que Quezon City, 1103