Legal Question in Real Estate Law in India

we have two plots and one is in the name of father and second one is in the name of mother. father died and there is no will by him. Mother is still alive...i want to know can i leave the plot one which is in the fathers name as it is... and claim it later after 10 years or so. or should i transfer it to my mothers name...

Asked on 9/20/13, 1:18 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

NO. Leaving the plot in your deceased father's name as it is for 10 long years is not recommended. If you are the lone son / daughter of your parents, since there is already a plot of land in your mother's name, I feel it is advisable to get the plot that is in your deceased father's name, transferred in your name, with the consent letter (No Objection) of your mother thereto, by completing the prevailing formalities for transfer of the title of the plot in your name in the record of the Tehsildar / District Registrar.


Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 6:17 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

you have an equal share in the plot left by your father without a will.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 9/20/13, 11:03 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now