Legal Question in Real Estate Law in Philippines

i have this problem , i signed an offer to buy indicating "as is where is" , but since then i didn't receive any copy, i already gave 75% downpayment and deposited the balance to their bank ready to transfer , but after 3 months i discovered that there's no title in the said R.D , it was burnt and needs t0 be reconstituted, so i went back to the bank and told them what i discovered and they promise me that within a month they can produce the title. Unfortunately its been almost four years and they cant produce the title. I told them that i am backing out and that i am no longer interested. They told me i need to pay the balance as indicated in the offer to buy. told them i will not pay the balance until they have the reconstituted title. PLease i need your advise. thanks

Asked on 8/08/13, 10:40 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Yes, until they can issue the title you have the right to withhold payment.

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 9:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in Philippines

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Real Estate and Real Property Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now