India  |  Telecomm Law

Hi Sir,

I have been aircell postpaid customer for past 4-5 years.There were few billing issues with the aircell. This time when i went to pay the aircell bill i was shoked when i checked in the counter regarding the spike in my bill. I was said that they have changed my plan(i have take speak rs 225 plan)now it seems thy have hiked it to rs250.I have no information regarding it when i checked in the counter they asked me to check with call center. I paid my bill.

I rang up the call center and checked with them they said me they have SMS me about the hike in the plan but i am for sure did not get any information. Letís take this for argument that they have messaged me about the plan change (other words hike in same plan) but they never gave me any chance to say "Yes or NoĒ. They never expect any reply from me and i was forcefully take to the new plan. When i protested this they say as per TRAI norms it seems they can message the customer about the plan change. When I asked them for proof of sending plan change message they keep beating around the bush.

Why cant aircell get written confirmation like send the plan hike info along with the bill they send r they can mail the customer and get the mail confirmation.

I have registered in do not disturb (DND) but still I get lot of promotion SMS from aircell itself when they can chase the customer to sell the product why canít they send out an reminder message keeping an cut off date to respond.

Can I take them legally?

Kindly advice what should I do..

Awaiting for your reply