Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in Philippines

I live in the United States and am a citizen.My brother(U.S.citzen) died as a resident in the Philippines.He left a will that was written in the Philippines. I am named as executor and am also a beneficiary. Must I file for Probate there or here in order to sell his condo and settle his estate in the Philippines? If it must be filed in the Philippines can I do it from here in the U.S.A.? I don't think I can be the executor in the Philippines, so what should I do to get going on settling his estate?

VOLTAIRE T. DUANO VOLTAIRE T. DUANO LAW OFFICE

Since your brother died here in the Philippines the probate can be file at place of his residence. Yes, you cannot act as executor since you are a non-resident. But as a party having an interest in the estate you can initiate the probate of the will as petitioner.

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in Philippines