Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

my sister had made will and she is unmarried as well as her parents was expired she was given her property to her younger sister. now her younger sister want to file probet application. but property is situated in c.b.d belapur so which court has jurisdiction to entertain this petition ?

Asked on 5/25/13, 4:15 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

If there is no metropolitan magistrate court (MMC) in Belapur, you should check for the MMC in Thane and if not there too, then the MMC in Mumbai will have jurisdiction to issue the Probate.


Read more
Answered on 5/25/13, 6:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now