Legal Question in Wills and Trusts in India

we are two sisters married in 1980 s . my father had some ancestral land which my brother is farming. &he is denying our she yer saying it is a nuclear family land &we are married before 1995. how much sheyer we can get ? thanking you laxmi

Asked on 5/17/13, 7:16 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Laxmi,

If your father has not transferred the land to your brother by way of a gift or Will, as per the Hindu Succession Act, both, you and your sister have an equal 1/3 share in the land, despite you both being married.


Read more
Answered on 5/17/13, 11:07 pm
shiv shakner saini saini law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Respected Laxmi,

Tell him shd not be greedy. give your share in that property, If not then you can get it by court.


Shiv shanker saini 09587744142

Read more
Answered on 5/18/13, 3:11 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Probate, Trusts, Wills & Estates Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now