India  |  Wills and Trusts

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/10/13, 7:02 am

hello, i need urgent help, My dad passed away in Nov 2012 he had distributed his property (as in just the house we stay in )as 20% each to me an my sis, 50% to my mom and 10% to my uncle. Though my uncle is not residing in the above mentioned house for more than 25 years, my dad had donr all the legal formalities and maintainance and absolutely every everything as my uncle wasnt staying with us. although just a a brother he had entered his name on registration of the house.

But now that my dad isnt there my uncle is asking for 50% share eventhough he has been residing sumwhere else for all this while. I really need help to know if he can do that as he hasnt been staying at the place for more than 25 years if yes can you suggest something as this house is our only asset my mom is a house wife and there fore the only asset is this house . Pleasee help

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search